Sunday Service is held at our UU Falmouth Meeting House. The Service will also be offered on Zoom at the regular login. Coffee Hour takes place after the Service and on Zoom. Check this month’s Sandscript, listed on the Communications page, for specifics.
To Join via Zoom email firstname.lastname@example.org for info Tuesdays – Fridays 9 – 2.
The Social Action Committee distributes the funds raised through our Food Certificate Sales to charitable organizations on Cape Cod. We support this effort both by purchasing food certificates and making 2020/21 donations to the Food Certificate Distribution account.
The organizations receiving funds from this program include:
- Carriage House
- Independence House
- Around the Table
- Bourne Food Pantry
- Falmouth Service Center
- Sandwich Food Pantry
- South Coastal Counties Legal Services
- Silent Spring
- CIGSYA, known as Thrive
- Habitat for Humanity.
- Wampanoag Language Project
- Association to Preserve Cape Cod
- Cape Cod Climate Change Collaborative
Buying groceries with a gift certificate costs nothing and is as easy as using a debit card.
- 5% of what you spend at your supermarket will be given to local charities – and it will not cost you anything.
- The money adds up. If you spend $150 a week at a local supermarket that’s $7,800 a year. Five percent of $7,800 is $390 you would be giving to charity if you use Gift Certificates for your supermarket purchases.
How does the gift certificate program work?
- Participating supermarkets sell Gift Certificates to us at a 5% discount. So, a $100 Gift Certificate costs us only $95.
- We sell the Gift Certificate to you for $100.
- You use the Gift certificate at the participating supermarket. We give the $5 to a local food pantry or shelter listed above.
- Everybody benefits. The supermarket fulfills its community service desires. UU Falmouth fulfills its mission to help people in need. You give more to charity than you might otherwise afford.
Where can you buy the Gift Certificates?
During the Pandemic, the gift certificates are being sold once a month. Contact Pam Morrone via email@example.com or find her contact info in the Fellowship’s directory.
Which Supermarkets participate in the program?
- Stop & Shop
- Roche Brothers
- Windfall Market
- Jack in the Beanstalk